Henderson Center open houses begin
Kick off the holiday season with the annual Henderson Center Merchants Association Holiday Open House on November 11th. 17 from 5pm to 8pm
The long tradition provides a place for the community to gather and enjoy special treats like cookies and hot chocolate, some entertainment and 3 hours of shopping specials.
Here are a few examples of what’s happening:
- Take a photo with Santa at the Discovery Store. The Discovery Shop will also host a live Elf on the Shelf event and free cookies.
- Shady Lady Window Coverings and Design will provide live ukulele music and refreshments. The Shady Lady also hosts local beekeeper Allen Rode, who will provide free samples of locally grown honey, infused honey and a variety of handmade skin care products.
- Shafer’s Ace Hardware’s is offering 30% off.
- Redwood Capital Bank will provide free hospitality.
- Annie’s Shoes will have a mystery painting with 10% to 40% off your purchase.
- Pacific Paper will have a drawing of the motorized sit/stand workstation with 20% off storewide.
- Fin-N Feather’s Pet Shop will have a 50/50 raffle during the open house. Tickets are $5.
- Nurture Salon & Skin Care Studio is hosting its 7th Anniversary Party and Promotion with raffles, giveaways and refreshments.
- Toy Box is 20% off storewide from 10am to 8pm
- The Salvation Army canteen is on F Street. Enjoy hot chocolate and some entertainment.
- Yarn will be giving away hot cups of festive tea and free samples of a variety of food items, including Dick Taylor Craft Chocolate. Visit their pop-up shop to make Essence of Humboldt and Needle Felted Ornament for kids.
The Henderson Center is located between D and H Streets and Henderson and Harris Streets in Eureka.
Tri Counties Bank launches festive food campaign
Tri Counties Bank has announced a partnership with The Salvation Army to launch Tis the Season Food Drive.
The food drive aims to collect more than 80,000 pounds of canned and non-perishable food starting Nov. 1. 9th to 23rd December. All donations stay local and help the Salvation Army provide for their families year-round.
“We are honored to be able to support those in need, especially during the festive season,” Tri Counties Bank’s Scott Robertson said in a news release. “This food drive and our partnership with The Salvation Army allow us to provide assistance where it is most needed, and we can continue to make a positive difference in the lives of our community members.”
Non-perishable canned food donations can be dropped off at any Tri Counties Bank branch. Donations can be made online at TriCountiesBank.com/TisTheSeason.
Visit TriCountiesBank.com/locations to find a local branch.