Many of us will end 2022 with festivities that last well into the wee hours of New Year’s Day.
But when January. 1. Starting in 2023, we are likely to return to familiar daily routines and habits – caffeine? – and even add some new resolutions, like a morning walk or a healthier diet.
If so, on January 1, 2023, several grocery store chains, drugstores and restaurant chains across the country will open.
But check your local store’s hours of operation. Several restaurants will have adjusted hours, either opening later or closing earlier on New Year’s Day.
Additionally, since January 1, 2023 falls on a Sunday, Monday, January 2 will be considered a paid holiday for most federal employees. That means post offices, government offices and banks will be closed on Monday.
stop for shopping
CVS (pharmacy hours vary by location)
Walgreens (pharmacy closed Jan. 1)
Five or less (check revised hours of operation)
TJ Maxx (check revised hours)
Home Improvement and Home Improvement Stores:
Beds, Baths & Others
- USPS: Local post offices will be open on New Year’s Eve. Post offices will be closed on January 1st. January and January. 2. Mail will not be picked up and will not be delivered.
- FedEx: Ground and Express service closed in January. 1. January 2. Ground service is open, express service is closed.
- Government offices are closed in January. 2.
- Banks: Most banks generally follow the federal holiday calendar. This means teller services will be closed.
- The New York Stock Exchange was closed on January 1. 2
- Costco closed on January 1st
- Trader Joe’s closed on January 1st
- Aldi closes on January 1
- Sam’s Club Closed January 1st