Potty training went wrong: firefighters released toddler with head stuck on toilet seat | DayDayNews

A night of potty training went horribly wrong after a toddler stuck his head on the toilet seat.

Kee Stewart, 37, has been trying to toilet train her two-year-old daughter Harper at her home in Wallsend, North Tyneside.

But the toddler decided to try wearing the seat around his neck and had difficulty, crying, “Mom, I’m stuck.”

Ms Stewart’s attempts to get the seat out of the house were unsuccessful and, in desperation, she asked her 16-year-old daughter Shannon to call firefighters for help.

Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service dispatched a crew from Wallsend Community Fire Service and they arrived within minutes.

They used gadgets to remove potties and amused Harper’s siblings with blue lights on fire trucks.

Ms Stewart said: “They were calm and kept the other kids busy while helping Harper.

“Harper gave the firefighter a big hug when he was done.

“They even turned on the lights and waved before they set off.

“I was very grateful for their help that night.

Station manager Trevor Strocker said he was “delighted” his staff were able to help the family and wished Harper all the best in his future potty training.

“She has to be very quiet, which is really scary for someone so small.

“Harper was very brave and it helped the firefighters complete the rescue.

“I want to thank the staff for their professionalism during this incident – sometimes when you show up, people are really panicking, it’s about staying calm and reassuring.”

Source link