Here’s a look at promotions, hiring, moves, and people in the news from the Memphis area business scene:
former memphis city attorney Freeman B. Foster joined beck donelson Counsel in the law firm’s Memphis office and member of the Healthcare Litigation Group. He was previously the Senior Assistant City Attorney for the City of Memphis. His practice areas include tort and civil rights defense, municipal law, and employment law. In 2015, he was admitted as a judicial representative by the Tennessee Supreme Court. Foster is a graduate of the University of Memphis School of Law.
Forvis Announcing leadership promotions Kim Shelley Become a market leader in its Memphis office. As a market leader, she will represent the company in the business community and build relationships with local leaders and customers. She was previously a tax market leader in Memphis. Sheley has nearly 30 years of experience serving the hospitality, commercial products, real estate and retail industries, with her experience focused on structuring, acquisitions, and state and local taxation, with an emphasis on tax compliance for the private and public sectors company of heroes.
anne beard recently appointed chief of staff Rhodes College, she graduated in 1984 with a BA in International Studies. Before joining Rhodes in September, she served as director of development at Southern Methodist University’s Deadman School of Law. 28. As Chief of Staff, Beard managed the operations of the Office of the President, addressed various priorities and initiatives involving the Office, served as a liaison between the President’s internal and external constituencies, and served on the Senior Leadership Team. She has a master’s degree in international management from the Graduate School of International Management and a certificate in fundraising management from Indiana University.
petco management recently appointed Henry Guy as its new president and chief investment officer. In addition, he serves on the company’s executive committee and serves on the visiting committee of Vanderbilt University’s Owen Graduate School of Management, where he earned his MBA.
Nahon, Saharovich and Trotz (NST method) Announced the hiring of four attorneys to serve its clients in its national personal injury law practice. Joining the company are:
- R. Benjamin Weathers, who will chair the Social Security Disability Practice Group. He graduated with honors from the University of Mississippi School of Law and opened a law firm in his hometown of Liberty, Mississippi. He then traveled west to lead an award-winning disability advocacy group for a major Utah personal injury firm. Weathers specializes in Social Security disability and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) cases on behalf of individuals nationwide.
- Matthew J. Vander Blake, an insurance, disability, and personal injury attorney in East Tennessee, graduated from the University of Tennessee School of Law, served as an administrative adjudicator for the State Department of Human Service, and continues to serve as an attorney-counsel for the Knoxville Social Security Administration. He started his personal injury practice to continue litigating throughout East Tennessee.
- James B. “Win” Duncan IV, A native of Memphis, he graduated cum laude from the University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law, where he was elected to the Order of the Bar for excellence in oral defense. Duncan has served as a federal judge and an intern for a major corporate litigation group. He worked as a legal assistant at NST before joining the firm as part of the Auto and Workers’ Compensation business unit.
- Aaron Romanowski, a Virginia native, is a graduate of the University of Memphis’ Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law, where he won the Senior Moot Court Competition and served as an Associate Judge on the Moot Court Committee. He will be part of the company’s auto and workers’ compensation business unit.
Tioga Environmental Consultants Recently hired two people to expand the team.
- Thornton Brooksbank Join the Natural Resources Group as a geologist. In his new role, he conducts Phase 1 environmental site assessments, performs wetland delineation and hydrographic surveys, and completes ARAP and NEPA permits. Thornton is OSHA certified in the 40-hour HAZWOPER, 8-hour Hazardous Waste Supervisor and Environmental Specialist courses. He also holds a Tennessee Level 1 certification in Sediment and Erosion Control, is a Tennessee Certified Chief Inspector, and has completed RCRA Hazardous Waste and NIOSH 582 equivalent training. He is an honors graduate of the University of Auckland with a BA in Earth Sciences.
- Ryan Stringer Now he is an environmental engineer of the company. Stringer assists with environmental compliance projects, filing reports and designing solutions for processes that affect the surrounding environment. He is a licensed Secondary Wastewater Operator and brings nearly a decade of environmental experience to the company. Stringer holds a master’s degree in environmental engineering from Missouri University of Science and Technology.
Lehman-Roberts and its sister companies Memphis Stone and Gravel announce the appointment Pamela Elrod as a sales assistant.
As Sales Associate, Elrod will be a key member of the sales department, responsible for coordinating and communicating with customers, independent carriers, suppliers and potential customers. Elrod has experience in the dental field, having worked as a dental assistant and later teaching dental assistants at Delta Technical College.
— Compiled by Daniel Ginsburg
Email messages and photos in JPEG format, at least 1MB in size, for business firstname.lastname@example.org.