Propane smell evacuates Leeds business | Green County

LEEDS – A home improvement business in Leeds was evacuated on Tuesday night after a propane smell was detected in the store.

At approximately 6 p.m., Greene County 911 dispatched the Leeds Fire Company to Home Depot at 695 Route 23B after a caller reported a propane smell throughout the building.

Leeds Fire Chief Cory Birk said when firefighters arrived they confirmed the presence of the smell and began searching the building for the source.

Clients and employees left the building and remained in the parking lot while staff were working.

Catskill Township law enforcement officials were called to the scene.

Burke said firefighters traced the leak to a malfunctioning regulator inside the store’s heating equipment.

The business was allowed to remain open following the incident. Birk said technicians planned to make repairs to the heating unit Wednesday morning.

No injuries were reported.

All firefighters resume service at 7:00pm

As an Amazon Associate, I earn money on qualifying purchases.

Source link